Down Traffic

Dear Poker Abby,

I have this great blog where I discuss down comforters, such as which fill weight I like in the summer, which fill weight I like in the winter, etc. I call it "Can't Weight To Get My Fill." (Get it)? Since there are so many people who use down comforters, I think my blog could appeal to a large audience if only they could find it. I even have one of those blog chatboards for other down comforter lovers to interact and possibly meet. Do you have any suggestions on how to get more visitors to my site?
I have to say, I LOVE my down comforter. I've often thought about wearing it around town but I don't because it would be too cumbersome and people would look at me the same way they look at Courtney Love or a lion: curious yet frightened. The only thing that would be weirder than wearing a down comforter would be spending more than 1o minutes in a given year reading about or discussing down comforters (that leaves me seven minutes to wrap this up).

I really can't offer you any advice on how to draw more traffic to your site as I'm the LAST person who knows anything about that. But I can tell you that you can increase your readership with a more interesting topic, like say, mustard seeds. At the very least, I recommend you remove the chatboard. Given your subject matter and title, you're likely to attract unstable linen fetishists ready to attack the second they realize they're wrapped in a comforter with polyester filling. We've all heard the phrase "Going postal on someone," I'd hate for some psycho to bring a bad connotation to the phrase "Going down on someone."

~~Poker Abby~~



3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew S. Urdan said...

That was awesome! Thanks! Very funny!

http://michiganrafter.blogspot.com

 
Blogger suthernblossum said...

That is so funny! You have increased your site traffic by atleast one!
http://suthernblossum.blogspot.com
Come visit me sometime!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must agree with Poker Abby that is really is of no interest as I can determine for myself what I like to have over me in the summer or the winter. But then again so people just don't have a life.

 


Post a Comment


» Home